We provide optimal dosage of medication in conventional IVF protocol based on your age, AMH level, follicle number and your goal of family size to allow growth of a good number of eggs but also avoiding unnecessary high doses of medication, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, and/or potential negative impacts on egg quality.
How to lower side effect risks during Conventional IVF?
Common side effects include abdominal bloating, pain, weight gain, nausea, vomiting and ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). However, women rarely develop severe complications such as blood clots.
We try our best to avoid the above potential side effects by:
– A thorough evaluation of a woman’s fertility potential, including age, AMH level, follicular count, weight, medical conditions, prior IVF treatment outcomes and goal of family size.
– Starting with personalized appropriate doses of IVF medication instead of routinely using maximal dosage for every patient.
– Close monitoring including ultrasound and lab testing, adjust IVF medication dosage accordingly.
– Choosing right trigger medication and dosage.
– Providing medication to improve OHSS symptoms.
– Using less invasive retrieval procedure techniques.