Unlike many fertility centers that use rigid hysteroscopy under anesthesia, we use a much thinner and flexible hysteroscope which is less invasive, has minimal discomfort, and does not require anesthesia for most women. It will take as few as 15-20 minutes and will be performed in the office.
If you would like to have the hysteroscopy performed under anesthesia, we can provide that service to you as well.
Do you need hysteroscopy evaluation?
Many women need hysteroscopy, especially if they:
– Can’t get pregnant and no reason could be identified (Unexplained infertility)
– Previous pregnancy loss or recurrent miscarriage
– Thin endometrial lining or light period flow
– Failed IVF treatment after embryo transfer
– Abnormal ultrasound findings that suspect endometrial polyp or fibroid
– Uterine structural abnormality (for instance, uterine septum)
– Abnormal growth such as endometrial polyp or intra-uterine fibroids.
– Abnormal uterine structures such as uterine septum.
– Injury or adhesions from previous D&C, cesarean section or uterine surgeries.
– Residue products of conception from prior miscarriages.
– Chronic inflammation of the endometrium.
– Enable endometrial biopsy.
If you need treatment such as resection of endometrial polyp or fibroids or uterine septum, specific hysteroscopy instruments and anesthesia might be needed.